Call our Friendly Staff Toll Free AC Furnace Offers Quality Customer Service We offer complete systems. To learn more call 888.446.9110

Complete Systems

Parts & Accessories

Answers to Common Questions
  1. What is Seer Rating?  SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio.  The total cooling output of a central air conditioner in British thermal units during its normal usage period for cooling divided by the total electrical energy input in watt hours during the same period as determined using the ARI specified test procedure.  This rating is only for units with cooling capacity less than 65,000 BTU/HR.  The higher the SEER, the more efficient the unit.  The more efficient the unit the lower the operation cost.

  2. What is AFUE?  AFUE stand for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency.  A rating that reflects the efficiency of a gas furnace in converting fuel to energy.  A rating of 90 means that approximateley 90% of the fuel is utilized to provide warmth to your home, while the remaining 10% escapes as exhaust.

  3. What is HSPF Heat Pump Heating Efficiency?  HSPF stands for Heating Seasonal Performance Factor.  The higher the HSPF rating, the more efficient a heat pump is at heating your home.  The US government has established a 6.8% HSPF minimum.

  4. What is Ductless Mini-Split System?  A system where there is no ductwork involved, simply a single indoor unit (usually wall mounted) or two or more indoor units and a single outdoor unit(condensing unit/heat pump) used to heat and cool areas where traditional ductwork is not feasible such as additions, workshops, warehouse offices, enclosed porches, etc.

  5. What is an Air Handler?  The portion of a central air conditioning or heat pump system that moves heated or cooled air through out the home's ductwork.  In some systems, a furnace handles this function.

  6. What is BTU?  BTU stand for British Thermal Unit.  Scientific terms, it represents the amount of energy required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit.  One BTU is the equivalent of the heat given off by a single wooden kitchen match.  For your home, it represents the measure of heat given off when fuel is burned for heating of the measure of heat extracted from your home for cooling.

  7. What is High Efficiency Gas Furnace?  A furnace that recycles combustion gases to obtain efficiencies of 85% to 95%.